Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tarot Reading Techniques - Timing

Tarot Reading Techniques - Timing

I have two approaches to determining the timing of events indicated in a tarot-reading...

1) Future astrological transits that reflect the astrological correspondences of the tarot cards. So, for example, if the Tower card comes up in a reading about the future I look for major transits to natal Mars in the client's astrological birth-chart. (The Tower is equivalent to Mars.) Astrological transits provide specific dates and general time-periods when significant events are likely to occur.

If the clients astrological transit list is not available then I choose the second option...

2) Tarot card positions. My method is as follows: After I have tabled all the cards that I feel are necessary in a reading, and have interpreted them to the client, I gather up the cards and hand the deck to the client. I ask the client to shuffle while we think about the question of the timing of particular events. Then I take the deck and start tabling cards in straight rows left-to-right. I keep tabling cards until some of the cards of the previous reading start appearing. I look specifically for the card(s) that previously indicated major future events (eg. the Tower if it came up in the reading). If it doesn't appear after about 30 cards are tabled I give up and say that the tarot will not reveal the timing of events in this instance. But if it does appear somewhere in the row(s) of cards, I count the cards from the first card I tabled to determine what numerical position the "event card" has in the sequence. I then interpret the 'magic number' as 'days', 'weeks', 'months', or 'years' until the event occurs.

Also, sometimes the 'magic number' signifies a date. So, for example, if the number is 11, it might refer to the 11th day of a particular month in the future.

Do you have a special technique you use for 'timing' that you'd like to share?

Cheers,
Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment